- Prepare a total sample according to the guidelines:
- take 10-20 primary samples (individual) uniformly from the surface of the site to represent a total sample of 0.5-1 kg
- The total (averaged) sample should represent an area of land with similar natural conditions (soil type, type and species).
- The area of land per total sample with a level soil surface and similar terrain should be up to 4 hectares
- Primary samples are taken with a soil stick from the topsoil up to 20 cm, sequentially following the steps:
- vertically align the cane to the soil surface
- push into the soil as far as it will go (to the height of the stop bar)
- make a full turn and remove the cane
- transfer the contents of the cavity (tray) of the stick to the appropriate container
- after taking individual samples, mix the whole thing and fill the carton or plastic bag
- With an individual sampling system, it is also permissible to take samples with other tools, for example. Spade. In this case, a vertical patch of soil 0.5 cm thick should be stripped off with a spade from a depth of up to 20 cm. Pour the soil from the middle part of the spade into The total (averaged) sample should consist of 15 – 20 primary (individual) samples. Mix the whole mixture and separate 0.5 to 1 kg of soil into a box or plastic bag.
- Samples should not be taken:
- At the edge of the field up to 5 m
- in the places left by stoops and mounds
- in ditches, furrows, molehills and gravel pits
- In depressions and sharp hills of the terrain (if necessary, take additional samples from these places)
- Do not take samples:
- Immediately after the application of mineral fertilizers (up to 3 weeks after application)
- after organic fertilization
- and during periods of excessive drought or soil moisture
- It is recommended that soil samples be packaged in plastic bags. The following data is placed on the bag:
- sample number
- Name of the place or plot number from which primary samples were taken
- date of sample collection
Where to send soil samples?
AGRO SMART LAB sp. z o.o.
Niegradów 26, 32-104 Koniusza
with a note „soil samples recommendations Sobeckidoradztwo”